WSPE Job Board
This is a sponsored listing of career opportunity postings for organizations and individuals. Be sure to contact the organization(s) and/or individual(s) to ensure you have the most current information.
To post a position or resume, review the rates in the right column on this page. You will need a brief summary of the position and a PDF of the complete document. By clicking here, you can submit your information and pay for the posting using your credit card or your PayPal account.
If you have any questions or problems, please contact the Executive Director here or at 414.531.1129.
Regulatory Architect, Professional Engineer / Dane, Eau Claire or Madison, WI
State of Wisconsin Department of Health Services
Regulatory Architect/Professional Engineer
Job Announcement Code: 1801124
County(ies): Dane , Eau claire , Milwaukee
Classification Title(s)/JAC: Job Working Title(s): CIVIL ENGINEER-ADV - 1801124 Architect/Professional Engineer
Type of Employment: Full Time (40 hrs/week)
Salary: The starting salary is between $58,240-$77,126 depending on qualifications plus excellent benefits. An additional add-on of $1 per hour may be paid for relevant registration, permit, or licensure. This position is in pay schedule and range 14/13. An 18 month probationary period is required.
Special Qualifications: Must be licensed as an Architect or Professional Engineer.
Contact: Roanne Quinn, Human Resources Specialist, 608-267-4945, Roanne.Quinn@dhs.wisconsin.gov
Bargaining Unit: Non-Represented
Area of Competition: Open
Deadline to Apply: 5/28/2018
The State of Wisconsin Department of Health Services (DHS); Division of Quality Assurance (DQA) has an exciting opportunity for licensed Architects or Professional Engineers to fill four vacancies. Emerging licensed design professionals and experienced practitioners are encouraged to consider and apply for these positions. The Office of Plan Review and Inspection (OPRI) is parallel to the design industry with a regulatory focus. Under the Office of Plan Review and Inspection, this opportunity brings together the skill sets of design, regulation and federal health care facility inspection. The OPRI is responsible for determining if health care facilities regulated by DQA meet the physical environment standards of the State Building Code, State Licensure Code and Federal Life Safety Code requirements. Evaluation is accomplished through construction document review, onsite review and health care facility physical environment performance inspection.
Two of the positions will be located in the Madison office, one position will be located in the Eau Claire office, and one will be located in the Milwaukee office.
In addition to a top-rate benefits package including enrollment in the State of Wisconsin retirement plan and excellent health insurance, these positions emphasize continued professional growth and leadership in the health care facility construction and performance industry.
These positions review construction documents and perform on-site reviews for compliance with Wisconsin administrative rules as well as State licensure code and Federal life safety code requirements. These positions are also responsible for health care facility physical environment performance inspection to ensure quality, appropriateness, and compliance of buildings with state and federal regulations. As members of the OPRI team the professional staff also facilitate predesign meetings focused on early engagement of all stakeholders in health care facility projects. The OPRI professional team provides educational services to health care facilities, county agencies and others in understanding program policies and procedures relating to licensure and certification requirements.
Minimally qualified candidates will:
- Be licensed as an Architect or Professional Engineer in the State of Wisconsin.
- Have experience applying regulations, codes, and standards related to the construction of health care facilities.
- Have experience building construction sites in an inspection, supervisory, management or commission capacity or experience in design including buildings, systems or components.
Well qualified candidates will also have experience in:
- Health care building/facility design and construction.
- The National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) codes and standards.
- Building construction and systems from simple wood frame to complex high rise steel and concrete structures.
- Review of contract documents, plans specifications, addendum, and change orders for compliance with all adopted codes, rules, regulations and standards.
- Theories and practices of mechanical engineering in the areas of heating, ventilating and air conditioning systems.
- Writing detailed, accurate, and objective reports.
Civil, Structural, Land Surveyors / Buffalo, Wyoming
KL&A Engineers in Buffalo, Wyoming seeking motivated entry-level civil and structural engineers as well as licensed civil and structural engineers and land surveyors with 5-10 years of experience looking to work on a wide variety of challenging engineering projects while living in a small-town atmosphere abundant with outdoor activities and opportunities. Experience in both civil and structural engineering, and/or willingness to become a dual-discipline engineer is preferred.
KL&A is a regional, employee owned engineering firm with 80+ employees with offices in Colorado and Wyoming and recognized since 2006 as one of the top ten structural engineering firms to work for in the United States. The Wyoming office provides structural engineering, civil engineering, and land surveying services for projects of varying magnitudes throughout Wyoming and the surrounding states. Please visit www.klaa.com for project types and more information.
Buffalo, Wyoming is in north central Wyoming nestled at the base of the Big Horn Mountains. This charming 5,000-person town has been identified as one of the "Best Places to Live in Wyoming" by Only in Your State, Movoto, and Sperlings Best Places due to the high-quality schools, low crime rate, low taxes, and top-notch hunting, fishing, climbing, and other outdoor activities. It is a true laid-back, Western community.
Full-time CIVIL ENGINEERING position applicants must have:
- A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited civil engineering program
- A comfortable command of basic hydrology, hydraulics, soil mechanics, and site development standards
Full-time LAND SURVEYOR applicants must have:
- A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited land surveying program or ability to obtain Wyoming licensure
- A comfortable command of the Public Land Survey System, land boundary law, and use of GPS and optical
Full-time STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING position applicants must have:
- A Master's Degree from an accredited civil/structural or architectural/structural engineering program
- A comfortable command of basic statics and structural mechanics
- Engineers with diverse experience in structural, civil, and/or land surveying
- Applicants with a P.E., S.E., and P.L.S. license
- Experience with Revit and/or Civil 3-D modeling
- Experience working with architects/contractors
- Experience with Project Management
- The ability to work indefinitely in the U.S. without sponsorship
Personal attributes of many kinds may be acceptable, but an understanding of and dedication to client-centered service is a requirement.
Applicants for full-time positions should send a cover letter and resume to Joe Hall, Camie Beagan, and Craig Shavlik. All applicants must indicate your citizenship status, and whether you are legally authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. If not, indicate if you will, now or in the future, require sponsorship for employment visa status. Should you be asked for an interview, please be prepared to provide professional references and examples of your work.
City Engineer-Director of Public Works / City of Fitchburg, WI
CITY OF FITCHBURG, WISCONSIN
CITY ENGINEER/DIRECTOR OF PUBLIC WORKS
City Engineer/Director of Public Works, Fitchburg, WI (pop. 27,254). Offering an exciting opportunity in one of Wisconsin's fastest growing communities, the City of Fitchburg is located in the greater Madison area. Residents enjoy Fitchburg's suburban and country-like living, taking advantage of easy access to the metro area's recreational and cultural activities.
Fitchburg seeks a collaborative, customer-focused public works professional to direct a broad range of services including engineering, operations, transportation planning, sustainability, water, sewer and storm water utilities, fleet management, and parks maintenance. The ideal candidate is an innovative thinker and ready to be an integral member of the City's management team.
The position is responsible for managing a division of 30 full-time and seasonal employees, and overseeing approximately $9.0 million in operating and utility budgets, plus more than $ 2 million in annual capital improvement programming. Engineering and Public Works is part of a newly reorganized community development team. The position reports to the Assistant City Administrator/Director of Community & Economic Development and is part of the senior management team.
Fitchburg encompasses 36 square miles, and the City maintains 120 miles of roads. The City provides water, wastewater and storm water services to residents including potable water distribution, wastewater collection, and storm water collection. The City also manages a solid waste collection contract. In addition, the City maintains 730 acres of park land and an extensive recreational trail system.
The successful candidate will:
- Be customer-service focused;
- Posses an inclusive managerial style, and clear, concise, and open communication skills;
- Be adept at combining a hands-on management style with confident professionalism and an ability to work with a variety of stakeholders; and
- Have a record of creative problem solving.
Candidates should also have:
- A Bachelor's degree in civil engineering or related field; a Master's degree in engineering, public administration or related field is a plus.
- Five years of progressively responsible public sector public works management, or general public administrative or managerial experience, or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Supervisory experience.
- Registration as a P.E. in Wisconsin, or ability to attain such within the first year of employment.
The starting salary range is $85,000 - $92,000 +/- DOQ. Candidates should apply by May 4, 2018 (open until filled) with resume, cover letter and contact information for five work-related references to the attention of Lee Szymborski, Senior Vice President, GovHR USA, 630 Dundee Road, #130, Northbrook, IL 60062. Tel: 847-380-3240. The City of Fitchburg is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Click HERE to Apply!
Civil Engineer - Project Manager / Madison, WI
Come join the Farnsworth Group team and find out why our employees earned us the Great Place to Work certification! Farnsworth Group is a full-service engineering and architecture firm with offices and employment opportunities located throughout a nationwide network of offices. With a rich 125-year history, we are an employee-owned company that offers an impressive benefits and compensation program, in addition to excellent career development opportunities. We are always looking for exceptional and talented employees who are passionate about their craft and the solutions we provide to our clients. Give us a closer look and discover why we are a Great Place to Work! We have the following position available:
Civil Engineer - Project Manager
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Civil Engineer / Project Manager to join our Land Development Team in our new Madison, WI office. Qualified candidates will be responsible for providing our private developer and municipal clients with cost effective, user friendly, and attractive developments as well as developing new client relationships.
Projects will focus on commercial site development, including storm sewer/drainage design, grading, water distribution and sanitary sewer collection systems. Position involves coordination with our established teams in Illinois and Indiana.
- Plan, design and manage a variety of developer driven civil engineering projects
- Collaborate with other Farnsworth Group disciplines and client consultants
- Develop and mentor staff
- Attend council/ board meetings
- Communicate with clients regarding current and future projects
- Organize and perform projects from inception to completion
- Prepare project proposals
- Assisting with business development efforts to cultivate strong client relationships
- BS in Civil or Environmental Engineering
- 8 - 15 years of civil engineering experience
- Professional Engineer (PE) License, Wisconsin required with other states desired
- Experience working with private development projects and clients
- Ability to effectively manage clients and participate in and lead business development activities
- Strong team player that can manage and contribute to several projects simultaneously
- AutoCAD and Civil 3D experience, desired
- Proven leadership skills with engineering staff and organizations
- Strong presentation skills
We offer a competitive salary and benefits program that includes:
- Medical/Dental Plans
- Prescription Drug Program
- Vision Plan
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible Spending Account
- Time-off Benefits
For immediate consideration please:
Please Apply Online by clicking on the link below
F-W Careers, Civil Engineer Project Manager
or visit the Farnsworth Group website at www.f-w.com and click on the careers link.
Farnsworth Group, Inc. is proud to be a M/F Disabled and Veteran EEO/AA employer.
Post your information here! Please see the sidebar to the right and find contact links above.
Employer (open positions)
Duration: 60 days
Cost: $50 WSPE Members / $100 Non-members
Duration: 60 days