WSPE Job Board
This is a sponsored listing of career opportunity postings for organizations and individuals. Be sure to contact the organization(s) and/or individual(s) to ensure you have the most current information.
To post a position or resume, review the rates in the right column on this page. You will need a brief summary of the position and a PDF of the complete document. By clicking here, you can submit your information and pay for the posting using your credit card or your PayPal account.
If you have any questions or problems, please contact the Executive Director here or at 414.531.1129.
Civil Engineer - Project Manager / Madison, WI
Come join the Farnsworth Group team and find out why our employees earned us the Great Place to Work certification!†† Farnsworth Group is a full-service engineering and architecture firm with offices and employment opportunities located throughout a nationwide network of offices.†With a rich 125-year history, we are an employee-owned company that offers an impressive benefits and compensation program, in addition to excellent career development opportunities.† We are always looking for exceptional and talented employees who are passionate about their craft and the solutions we provide to our clients. †Give us a closer look and discover why we are a Great Place to Work! We have the following position available:
Civil Engineer - Project Manager
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Civil Engineer / Project Manager to join our Land Development Team in our new Madison, WI office. Qualified candidates will be responsible for providing our private developer and municipal clients with cost effective, user friendly, and attractive developments as well as developing new client relationships.
Projects will focus on commercial site development, including storm sewer/drainage design, grading, water distribution and sanitary sewer collection systems. Position involves coordination with our established teams in Illinois and Indiana.
- Plan, design and manage a variety of developer driven civil engineering projects
- Collaborate with other Farnsworth Group disciplines and client consultants
- Develop and mentor staff
- Attend council/ board meetings
- Communicate with clients regarding current and future projects
- Organize and perform projects from inception to completion
- Prepare project proposals
- Assisting with business development efforts to cultivate strong client relationships
Specific Requirements:BS in Civil or Environmental Engineering
8 - 15 years of civil engineering experience
Professional Engineer (PE) License, Wisconsin required with other states desired
Experience working with private development projects and clients
Ability to effectively manage clients and participate in and lead business development activities
Strong team player that can manage and contribute to several projects simultaneously
AutoCAD and Civil 3D experience, desired
Proven leadership skills with engineering staff and organizations
Strong presentation skills
We offer a competitive salary and benefits program that includes:
Prescription Drug Program
401(k) with Company Match
Flexible Spending Account
For immediate consideration please:
Please Apply Online by clicking on the link below
F-W Careers, Civil Engineer Project Manager
or visit the Farnsworth Group website at www.f-w.com and click on the careers link.
Farnsworth Group, Inc. is proud to be a M/F Disabled and Veteran EEO/AA employer.
Director of Public Works / Town of Grand Chute, WI
Director of Public Works, Grand Chute, WI (pop. 22,000). The Town of Grand Chute is a full-service municipality located in Wisconsin's fast-growing Fox River Valley area. The Town is adjacent to the City of Appleton, and approximately halfway between Oshkosh and Green Bay along the I-41 corridor. Grand Chute is the most populated Town in the state, and is part of the Fox Cities CSA, with a population of close to 400,000.
Grand Chute seeks a high-energy, experienced, proactive public works executive to direct a broad range of services including engineering, streets, water, sewer and storm water utilities, fleet management, and parks. The ideal candidate is an innovative thinker and ready to be an integral member of the senior management team.
The position is responsible for leading a department comprised of 22 full-time and part-time employees, as well as managing $18 million in operating and utility budgets, plus more than $ 5 million in capital improvement programming.
Grand Chute encompasses 25 square miles, and the Town maintains 305 lane- miles of roads. The Town provides water, wastewater and storm water services to residents including potable water distribution, wastewater collection, storm water collection and treatment, and water quality protection. The Town also manages a solid waste collection contract and a Town cemetery. In addition, the Town maintains 134 acres of park land and 13 miles of recreational trails. The Director reports to the Town Administrator who is responsible to a five-member Town Board.
The successful candidate will:
- Possess a passion for public service;
- Be adept at combining a hands-on management style with confident professionalism and an ability to work with a variety of stakeholders;
- Have a record of creative problem solving, and strong public relations skills;
- Be strategic thinking and have top-notch communication skills.
Candidates should also have:
- A Bachelor's degree in civil engineering or related field; a Master's degree in engineering, public administration or related field is a plus.
- Six to nine years of progressively responsible public sector public works management, or general public administrative or managerial experience, or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience in a larger community at the assistant department head level will be considered. The starting salary range is $94,000 - $101,500 +/- DOQ.
Candidates should apply by February 12, 2018 with resume, cover letter and contact information for five work-related references to www.govhrusa.com/current-positions/recruitment to the attention of Lee Szymborski, Senior Vice President, GovHR USA, 630 Dundee Road, #130, Northbrook, IL 60062. Tel: 847-380-3240. The Town of Grand Chute is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Click here to apply.
Electro-Mechanical Technology Corporate Trainer / Green Bay, WI
NWTC is seeking a part-time instructor/trainer for a 16-week contract training project starting March 2018-June 2018. This part-time Instructor will be an integral part of the College's staff, helping us provide project management of a cohort of learners as well as deliver the highest quality learning experience possible in delivering existing course materials.
The successful candidate will also be considered for future training opportunities when the need arises.
LOCATION: Green Bay, WI
HOURS: 37 hours / week for 16 weeks, Mon-Fri 3p-9:30p, Sat 7:30am-12pm, March 2018-June 2018
SALARY: $39.00 per hour
POSITION REPORTS TO: Manager, Corporate Training & Economic Development
Required online application available on website: www.nwtc.edu/jobs
E-mail address: email@example.com
Location: Northeast Wisconsin Technical College, Human Resources, 2740 West Mason Street, Green Bay, WI 54307-
9042. All postings are considered current and available until removed from the website.
This position is customer-focused and will require flexible scheduling and/or delivery to meet customer needs.
Northeast Wisconsin Technical College is committed to promoting a learning environment where employees and students of differing perspectives and cultural backgrounds pursue career and academic goals embraced in an environment of respect and shared inquiry.
The College is seeking to attract ethnically diverse instructors and staff who can inspire our increasingly diverse student population.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
NWTC is seeking an experienced Electro-Mechanical Technology subject matter expert to deliver established industrial maintenance curricula to a cohort of learners March-June 2018. Responsibilities include:
- Providing and facilitating learning for a cohort by delivering existing NWTC industrial maintenance curricula
- Project management of the cohort, working with NWTC instructors to create a schedule for successful completion
- Plan, prepare, and execute training strategies by facilitating classes, providing technical assistance, and/or individual coaching.
- Work collaboratively with NWTC instructors and employers to ensure the curriculum and learning outcomes prepare employees/students for success at work.
- Determine the appropriate tools, techniques, methodologies and timing of improvement activities to meet business objectives.
- Manage classroom and shop/lab to ensure a productive and safe learning environment.
- Work closely with NWTC educators and business leadership to develop key performance measurements.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Strong organizational skills, interpersonal skills, teamwork, and ability to prioritize multiple tasks while remaining customer-focused
- Ability to work independently, remain flexible in a fast-paced environment, and handle customer issues in a timely manner.
- Maintain Wisconsin Technical College System (WTCS) & NWTC Faculty Quality Assurance System requirements, which includes the completion of competency-based professional development.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Electro-Mechanical, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering and five years direct occupational experience preferred. At minimum, an Associate degree in Electro-Mechanical, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering Technology or related field and five years of related work experience may be considered.
- At a minimum, occupational experience has to have occurred at least two years within the last five years.
- Must hold a valid driver's license and be insurable under the District's standard insurance policy terms.
- Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Competency in adult-focused learning.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the instructor will be exposed to normal office conditions and usual office equipment such as telephone, personal computer, printers/copiers, videos, overhead projects, and general tools of the trade. The employee will be constantly required to sit, talk, hear,
and type/write. The employee will be frequently required to stand, walk, touch/handle/grasp (using hands and fingers), and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally bend or squat and lift and/or push up to 10 pounds of general office items. Some instructor positions may be exposed to outdoors, fumes, noises, extreme temperatures, confined spaces and heights. Some instructor positions require driving a vehicle. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, far, sharpness of vision, and field of vision.
All application materials are only accepted online: resumes, cover letters, transcripts, etc., must be attached to the application at the time of submission. You are unable to go back after an application is submitted to add, delete or change any information, other than address, phone number, and e-mail.
NWTC does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, disability, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classes.
Senior Mechanical Engineer / Sauk City, Wi
Ramaker & Associates is seeking a highly motivated Mechanical Engineer to work with our MEP design team.
Some of the key responsibilities/requirements include:
- Prepare construction drawings and specifications for commercial and industrial HVAC systems.
- Be able to work independently on projects, and delegate tasks to other team members as required.
- Experience in the design of a variety commercial/Industrial HVAC system.
- Working knowledge of ASHRAE and energy codes.
- Basic understand of plumbing and electrical systems is a plus.
The ideal candidate would possess a Bachelor's of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering with 5 - 10 years of experience. Having a PE license is desired. AutoCAD/REVIT experience is required. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required. Ability to work in a collaborative team environment is essential.
If you met the above qualifications and are interested in the position, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Utilities Manager / La Crosse, Wi
CITY OF LA CROSSE
The City of La Crosse is accepting applications for a UTILITIES MANAGER to plan, organize, oversee and manage all aspects of the Water Utility, Sanitary Sewer Utility and Storm Water Utility, including: sewer collection and wastewater treatment; water system supply, storage and distribution; permit and regulatory compliance; contract administration; customer billing; customer service; maintenance of systems; budget preparation and oversight; planning and capital improvements.
Candidates shall have a Bachelorís degree in Civil Engineering with five years municipal water and/or wastewater utility management and operational experience, plus five years civil engineering experience in water and wastewater system design/construction experience, or any combination that provides equivalent knowledge, skills and abilities. Valid Driverís License required. Candidate must have the ability to be registered as a professional engineer in Wisconsin within 6 months of hire. Certified Wisconsin Wastewater and Municipal Water Supply Operator licenses required. Must be proficient in computer software including spreadsheets and databases. Direct experience with remote telemetry systems including SCADA in both water and wastewater applications required.
Salary range for this exempt, management position is: $80,088.47 to $105,048 with a hiring range of $80,088.47 to $91,723.19 (salary commensurate with qualifications). The City offers a comprehensive benefit package including medical benefit plan, Wisconsin Retirement Plan, deferred compensation, life insurance, income continuation insurance, voluntary dental and vision plans, Roth IRA, flexible spending, paid holidays, vacations, and sick leave.
Selected candidate subject to background check and post-offer/pre-employment drug screen. The City of La Crosse supports attaining a representative workforce and workplace equity. Please submit a completed City of La Crosse Employment Application. Applications accepted until filled with initial review of applications December 1, 2017.
City of La Crosse Human Resources Department
400 La Crosse Street
La Crosse, Wisconsin 54601
Phone: (608) 789-7595
Visit our webpage at www.cityoflacrosse.org
An equal opportunity employer / A drug free workplace
Post your information here! Please see the sidebar to the right and find contact links above.
Employer (open positions)
Duration: 60 days
Cost: $50 WSPE Members / $100 Non-members
Duration: 60 days