WSPE Job Board
This is a sponsored listing of career opportunity postings for organizations and individuals. Be sure to contact the organization(s) and/or individual(s) to ensure you have the most current information.
To post a position or resume, review the rates in the right column on this page. You will need a brief summary of the position and a PDF of the complete document. By clicking here, you can submit your information and pay for the posting using your credit card or your PayPal account.
If you have any questions or problems, please contact the Executive Director here or at 414.531.1129.
Civil Engineer - Environmental / Ozaukee County, WI
Civil Engineer - Environmental
Ozaukee County is seeking a Civil Engineer (Environmental) who will be responsible for civil engineering, environmental engineering and ecosystem restoration for the Planning and Parks Department. This includes significant experience in the areas of ecosystem restoration, hydrology/hydraulics, sediment removal/mitigation and water quality. Responsibilities include, but not limited to, providing planning, civil/site engineering and design, technical support and analysis, construction management, stormwater management, and computer aided drafting (CAD) functions for watershed, wetland and stream restoration projects, Watershed Restoration Plans (TMDLs), floodplain and stormwater management analysis, civil engineering reviews, and hydrology and hydraulic modeling. This position also provides technical engineering support and analysis for all the Department's Divisions and other Department initiatives and programs. In addition, this position provides technical and field support to the Department's various Divisions as well as project planning and management support.
Description of the Job:
- *30% Provides technical and civil engineering assistance for all aspects of the Department's ecosystem, watershed, wetland and stream/river restoration responsibilities, which includes the planning and design for civil/site projects, including grading, drainage, floodplain, hydrology, hydraulics, erosion and sedimentation control, and permitting. Further, conducts engineering analysis: identifying the problem, developing and evaluating alternative solutions, and preparing recommendations. Prepares technical reports, preliminary/detailed design documents, engineering specifications, technical bid documents and process, and perform calculations in support of engineering activities. Design proficiently in AutoCAD Civil 3D, HEC-RAS, and HEC-HMS software. Understanding of 3D surfaces and points is beneficial for necessary communication with survey and management staff. Present technical recommendations and alternatives, particularly for hydrology and hydraulic design, to the Director. Development of design documents from initial concept to final design and construction documents (including engineering stamped plan sets). Preparation of construction specifications and cost estimates. Prepares permit applications to obtain floodplain, shoreland, wetland, drainage, stormwater management and erosion and sediment control permits. Develop and mentor junior staff, provide quality technical guidance, and assist with project management. Conduct field investigations to identify project needs and to perform construction inspections. Assists with the development of technical / grant reports, grant applications and/or initiatives to support the Department. Provides support and reporting to various Committees and Boards. Assists Director in preparing technical proposals and pursuing design work. Adheres to project objectives, timelines, budgets and standards.
- *30% Provides environmental and civil engineering support for stormwater management, construction management, civil/site engineering and design, hydrology and hydraulic analysis, floodplain modeling, grading and drainage design. Review engineering, geotechnical and environmental reports to identify potential issues and impact. Assemble and process permits with local jurisdictions, State and Federal Governments including FEMA. Perform computations for drainage, hydrologic runoff rates, and hydraulic capacities for various culvert/bridge projects and stormwater management requirements. Knowledge of and familiarity with grading and drainage design, street/roadway and trail design including plan-profiles-sections and utility design. Inspect project sites for progress and ensure conformance with design specifications. Design proficiently in AutoCAD Civil 3D, HEC-RAS, and HEC-HMS software. Preparation of construction specifications and cost estimates. Ability to perform specialty work under the direction of the Director. Ability to generate AutoCAD drawings and convert / input other data sets. Adhere to project objectives, timelines, budgets and standards. Prepares progress reports, and manages project budget and schedules.
- *30% Performs technical and fieldwork duties including surveying, environmental monitoring, coastal hazard projects, water quality monitoring, fish and wildlife monitoring and other technical and fieldwork duties. Provides for the data collection, development, integration, management and maintenance of the Planning and Parks Department's Ecological databases. Coordinates with and provides technical support for staff from multiple Departments on the development of and dissemination of data. Provides AutoCAD and technical support for grant applications, grant reports and permit applications for various federal, state, local, non-governmental and private agencies and organizations.
- 5% Assists training and supervision of Planning and Parks Department interns and volunteers.
- 5% Performs other duties as assigned by Director.
- Reports directly to the Director of Planning and Parks. The incumbent follows regulations as set forth by the Planning and Parks Department, the Natural Resources Committee and the County Board.
- The individual supervises up to two temporary, limited term interns.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree from an accredited college or university in civil engineering, environmental engineering, or a closely related field (PE) and extensive, proven experience in these fields.
- Master's Degree in civil engineering or environmental engineering (PE) preferred.
- Professional civil engineering license in the State of Wisconsin.
- Valid Driver's license is necessary.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible work experience in civil engineering, conducting stream, floodplain and wetland assessments and developing restoration engineering and designs, including preparation of construction drawings and specifications and construction management. A minimum of 3 years supervisory experience along with progressive experience in public relations, communications, and work with government agencies. Professional civil engineering license in the State of Wisconsin.
- Expertise in wetland and stream hydrology and hydraulics, including proficiency with HECRAS software
- Ability to create and analyze ground surfaces and prepare construction drawings using standard computer aided drafting (AutoCAD Civil 3D) software
- Significant and progressively responsible experience in managing projects
- Comprehensive knowledge of environmental science policies and practices.
- Comprehensive knowledge of a wide variety of fisheries, ecological and engineering issues.
- Working knowledge of ecological principals, ecology and environmental science.
- Working knowledge of purchasing, contracts, and service agreements.
- Working knowledge of government agencies, non-profit organizations and other community groups.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to implement a project, including evaluation, design, communication and training.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of regulatory processes and requirements relevant to stream, wetland and ecosystem restoration projects
- Comprehensive knowledge of AutoCAD, GPS, spatial databases, computer programs, and GIS mapping
- Good working knowledge of ecological principals, stream and river ecology, ecology, forestry, biology, wildlife and environmental science.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships, manage projects, and research data as needed.
- Ability to analyze complex data, conduct statistical analysis, evaluate data and systems, and make recommendations for implementation.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally in a variety of settings and in writing.
- Ability to work effectively with the public and County Board of Supervisors.
- Experience in marketing and promotions.
- Experience with budgeting, managing and tracking expenses and revenues and general accounting practices.
- Ability to work on tight timelines with deadlines.
- Ability to teach, train and manage staff. Supervisory experience.
- Ability to take direction and work in a collaborative team environment and problem solve complex tasks efficiently.
- Ability to prioritize, work and manage time independently and with little supervision.
The work environment characteristics are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. This is both an inside and outside work environment, including occasional adverse weather and site conditions. Distractive environment at times. Responsible for evening and weekend work outside of normal work hours.
How to Apply:
Please apply online by March 21, 2018.
Click here to apply
Civil Engineer - Project Manager / Madison, WI
Come join the Farnsworth Group team and find out why our employees earned us the Great Place to Work certification! Farnsworth Group is a full-service engineering and architecture firm with offices and employment opportunities located throughout a nationwide network of offices. With a rich 125-year history, we are an employee-owned company that offers an impressive benefits and compensation program, in addition to excellent career development opportunities. We are always looking for exceptional and talented employees who are passionate about their craft and the solutions we provide to our clients. Give us a closer look and discover why we are a Great Place to Work! We have the following position available:
Civil Engineer - Project Manager
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Civil Engineer / Project Manager to join our Land Development Team in our new Madison, WI office. Qualified candidates will be responsible for providing our private developer and municipal clients with cost effective, user friendly, and attractive developments as well as developing new client relationships.
Projects will focus on commercial site development, including storm sewer/drainage design, grading, water distribution and sanitary sewer collection systems. Position involves coordination with our established teams in Illinois and Indiana.
- Plan, design and manage a variety of developer driven civil engineering projects
- Collaborate with other Farnsworth Group disciplines and client consultants
- Develop and mentor staff
- Attend council/ board meetings
- Communicate with clients regarding current and future projects
- Organize and perform projects from inception to completion
- Prepare project proposals
- Assisting with business development efforts to cultivate strong client relationships
Specific Requirements:BS in Civil or Environmental Engineering
8 - 15 years of civil engineering experience
Professional Engineer (PE) License, Wisconsin required with other states desired
Experience working with private development projects and clients
Ability to effectively manage clients and participate in and lead business development activities
Strong team player that can manage and contribute to several projects simultaneously
AutoCAD and Civil 3D experience, desired
Proven leadership skills with engineering staff and organizations
Strong presentation skills
We offer a competitive salary and benefits program that includes:
Prescription Drug Program
401(k) with Company Match
Flexible Spending Account
For immediate consideration please:
Please Apply Online by clicking on the link below
F-W Careers, Civil Engineer Project Manager
or visit the Farnsworth Group website at www.f-w.com and click on the careers link.
Farnsworth Group, Inc. is proud to be a M/F Disabled and Veteran EEO/AA employer.
Director of Public Works / Town of Grand Chute, WI
Director of Public Works, Grand Chute, WI (pop. 22,000). The Town of Grand Chute is a full-service municipality located in Wisconsin's fast-growing Fox River Valley area. The Town is adjacent to the City of Appleton, and approximately halfway between Oshkosh and Green Bay along the I-41 corridor. Grand Chute is the most populated Town in the state, and is part of the Fox Cities CSA, with a population of close to 400,000.
Grand Chute seeks a high-energy, experienced, proactive public works executive to direct a broad range of services including engineering, streets, water, sewer and storm water utilities, fleet management, and parks. The ideal candidate is an innovative thinker and ready to be an integral member of the senior management team.
The position is responsible for leading a department comprised of 22 full-time and part-time employees, as well as managing $18 million in operating and utility budgets, plus more than $ 5 million in capital improvement programming.
Grand Chute encompasses 25 square miles, and the Town maintains 305 lane- miles of roads. The Town provides water, wastewater and storm water services to residents including potable water distribution, wastewater collection, storm water collection and treatment, and water quality protection. The Town also manages a solid waste collection contract and a Town cemetery. In addition, the Town maintains 134 acres of park land and 13 miles of recreational trails. The Director reports to the Town Administrator who is responsible to a five-member Town Board.
The successful candidate will:
- Possess a passion for public service;
- Be adept at combining a hands-on management style with confident professionalism and an ability to work with a variety of stakeholders;
- Have a record of creative problem solving, and strong public relations skills;
- Be strategic thinking and have top-notch communication skills.
Candidates should also have:
- A Bachelor's degree in civil engineering or related field; a Master's degree in engineering, public administration or related field is a plus.
- Six to nine years of progressively responsible public sector public works management, or general public administrative or managerial experience, or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience in a larger community at the assistant department head level will be considered. The starting salary range is $94,000 - $101,500 +/- DOQ.
Candidates should apply by February 12, 2018 with resume, cover letter and contact information for five work-related references to www.govhrusa.com/current-positions/recruitment to the attention of Lee Szymborski, Senior Vice President, GovHR USA, 630 Dundee Road, #130, Northbrook, IL 60062. Tel: 847-380-3240. The Town of Grand Chute is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Click here to apply.
Electro-Mechanical Technology Corporate Trainer / Green Bay, WI
NWTC is seeking a part-time instructor/trainer for a 16-week contract training project starting March 2018-June 2018. This part-time Instructor will be an integral part of the College's staff, helping us provide project management of a cohort of learners as well as deliver the highest quality learning experience possible in delivering existing course materials.
The successful candidate will also be considered for future training opportunities when the need arises.
LOCATION: Green Bay, WI
HOURS: 37 hours / week for 16 weeks, Mon-Fri 3p-9:30p, Sat 7:30am-12pm, March 2018-June 2018
SALARY: $39.00 per hour
POSITION REPORTS TO: Manager, Corporate Training & Economic Development
Required online application available on website: www.nwtc.edu/jobs
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Northeast Wisconsin Technical College, Human Resources, 2740 West Mason Street, Green Bay, WI 54307-
9042. All postings are considered current and available until removed from the website.
This position is customer-focused and will require flexible scheduling and/or delivery to meet customer needs.
Northeast Wisconsin Technical College is committed to promoting a learning environment where employees and students of differing perspectives and cultural backgrounds pursue career and academic goals embraced in an environment of respect and shared inquiry.
The College is seeking to attract ethnically diverse instructors and staff who can inspire our increasingly diverse student population.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
NWTC is seeking an experienced Electro-Mechanical Technology subject matter expert to deliver established industrial maintenance curricula to a cohort of learners March-June 2018. Responsibilities include:
- Providing and facilitating learning for a cohort by delivering existing NWTC industrial maintenance curricula
- Project management of the cohort, working with NWTC instructors to create a schedule for successful completion
- Plan, prepare, and execute training strategies by facilitating classes, providing technical assistance, and/or individual coaching.
- Work collaboratively with NWTC instructors and employers to ensure the curriculum and learning outcomes prepare employees/students for success at work.
- Determine the appropriate tools, techniques, methodologies and timing of improvement activities to meet business objectives.
- Manage classroom and shop/lab to ensure a productive and safe learning environment.
- Work closely with NWTC educators and business leadership to develop key performance measurements.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Strong organizational skills, interpersonal skills, teamwork, and ability to prioritize multiple tasks while remaining customer-focused
- Ability to work independently, remain flexible in a fast-paced environment, and handle customer issues in a timely manner.
- Maintain Wisconsin Technical College System (WTCS) & NWTC Faculty Quality Assurance System requirements, which includes the completion of competency-based professional development.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Electro-Mechanical, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering and five years direct occupational experience preferred. At minimum, an Associate degree in Electro-Mechanical, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering Technology or related field and five years of related work experience may be considered.
- At a minimum, occupational experience has to have occurred at least two years within the last five years.
- Must hold a valid driver's license and be insurable under the District's standard insurance policy terms.
- Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Competency in adult-focused learning.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the instructor will be exposed to normal office conditions and usual office equipment such as telephone, personal computer, printers/copiers, videos, overhead projects, and general tools of the trade. The employee will be constantly required to sit, talk, hear,
and type/write. The employee will be frequently required to stand, walk, touch/handle/grasp (using hands and fingers), and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally bend or squat and lift and/or push up to 10 pounds of general office items. Some instructor positions may be exposed to outdoors, fumes, noises, extreme temperatures, confined spaces and heights. Some instructor positions require driving a vehicle. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, far, sharpness of vision, and field of vision.
All application materials are only accepted online: resumes, cover letters, transcripts, etc., must be attached to the application at the time of submission. You are unable to go back after an application is submitted to add, delete or change any information, other than address, phone number, and e-mail.
NWTC does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, disability, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classes.
Senior Mechanical Engineer / Sauk City, Wi
Ramaker & Associates is seeking a highly motivated Mechanical Engineer to work with our MEP design team.
Some of the key responsibilities/requirements include:
- Prepare construction drawings and specifications for commercial and industrial HVAC systems.
- Be able to work independently on projects, and delegate tasks to other team members as required.
- Experience in the design of a variety commercial/Industrial HVAC system.
- Working knowledge of ASHRAE and energy codes.
- Basic understand of plumbing and electrical systems is a plus.
The ideal candidate would possess a Bachelor's of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering with 5 - 10 years of experience. Having a PE license is desired. AutoCAD/REVIT experience is required. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required. Ability to work in a collaborative team environment is essential.
If you met the above qualifications and are interested in the position, please email your resume to email@example.com.
Post your information here! Please see the sidebar to the right and find contact links above.
Employer (open positions)
Duration: 60 days
Cost: $50 WSPE Members / $100 Non-members
Duration: 60 days