WSPE holds an annual discovery conference. Information for current and past conferences can be found here.
2016 Discovery Conference and GNPA Banquet
Kern Center, Milwaukee School of Engineering (MSOE) (map)
Wednesday May 18, 2016 8:15 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. (Registration opens at 7:15 a.m.)
Thursday May 19, 2016 8:15 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. (Registration opens at 7:30 a.m.)
Governor's New Product Awards (GNPA) Ceremony and Banquet
Todd Wehr Center, Milwaukee School of Engineering (MSOE) (map)
Wednesday May 18, 2016 6:30 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. (Registration opens at 6:00 p.m.)
Earn 18 Professional Development Hours (PDHs), including 2 in ethics by attending both days of the Discovery Conference.
Conference brochure here!
Presenter List here!
Information on the GNPA here.
Discovery Conference Speakers
2015 Discovery Conference and GNPA Banquet
Radisson Hotel & Conference Center
Green Bay, WI
Wednesday May 27, 2015 8:15 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. (Registration opens at 7:15 a.m.)
Wednesday May 27, 2015 6:30 p.m. - 8:30p.m. (GNPA Banquet, Registration opens 6:00 p.m.)
Thursday May 28, 2015 8:15 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. (Registration opens at 7:30 a.m.)
Conference Brochure here
Discovery Conference Keynote Speakers:
NSPE President Harve Hnatiuk
WisDOT Secretary Mark Gottlieb, PE
DNR Secretary Cathy Stepp
DSPS Secretary Dave Ross
Green Bay Packers President and CEO Mark Murphy
Governors New Product Award
Wednesday May 27, 2015 6:30 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. (Registration begins at 6:00 p.m.)
Governors New Product Award Keynote Speaker:
Lt. Governor Rebecca Kleefisch
Take the WSPE 2015 Discovery Conference Survey.
Where: Kalahari Resort & Conference Center
When: Thursday, May 29 & Friday, May 30, 2014
2014 Discovery Conference Brochure
Kalahari Location Map
Kalahari Facilities Map
at the Board of Directors Meeting
Wed, May 28, 4pm-6pm, dinner to follow
WSPE is offering via on-line registration and PayPal or Credit Card payment.
The conference fee is $185 for members, $200 for non-members; and $80 for students.
Attending this conference can help you earn 15.0 Professional Development Hours (PDHs), which includes 2 required Ethics PDHs by attending these sessions.
The conference will consist of 2 general sessions and 2 breakout sessions each day. Keynote speakers include WisDOT Secretary Mark Gottlieb, NSPE President Robert Green, Finn Hubbard, Denis Roznowski, and Norm Arendt. Confirmed presentation topics include:
- I-35W Bridge Failure (by structure & environmental experts)
- I-43 Leo Frigo Bridge
- Ethical Theory
- Universal Design: Adapting for the Future
- Lower Fox River Remediation (Received International Bentley Award in London)
- Reduce Liabilities by Creating Better Specifications
- Dowel Technology in Exterior Pavements
- Biomethane as a Transportation Fuel
- Planning Design & Construction: UW-Milwaukee Innovation Campus
- Accelerated Bridge Construction (ABC)
- Contract Review/Risk Management
- 2 ethics presentations by NSPE President Robert Green
- Memorial Union Series including presentations in the following disciplines: Electrical, Architectural, Structural, and Mechanical
- Epic Deep Space Roof Lift
- Retrofitting Roundabouts for OSOW accommodation
- Vinyl in Design
- Operating Cost Reductions for Pump Stations (Advanced SCADA Technology)
In the middle of these breakout sessions, we will be offering a catered lunch and an awards ceremony.
After each session you attend, you will receive a DSPS-Approved PDH Validation Form. This form will be signed by an executive officer and yourself. Keep this form in your professional file for proof of Continuing Education credit.
2014 Discovery Conference Brochure
2013 Discovery Conference
Thursday, May 2, 2013; 7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
2013 WSPE Discovery Conference Summary
2013 WSPE Discovery Conference Brochure
- Goals and Objectives
Fred Groth, PE-Graef USA
- Continuing Education for Wisconsin Licensed Professional Engineers
Brad Volker, PE-Cooper Engineering
- Zoo Interchange
William Mohr-WisDOT, PE and Jason Roselle, PE-WisDOT
- Hoan Bridge
Carolynn Gellings, PE-WisDOT, Chad Halverson, PE-Michael Baker Jr., Ryan Bowers, PE-Graef USA
- UW-Milwaukee Freshwater Sciences Addition Driven Pile Foundation
Van E. Komurka, P.E., D.GE, F.ASCE-Wagner Komurka Geotechnical Group, Inc., Steven C. Rech, PE, SE-Graef USA
- EPS GeoFoam
- US Energy
Dr. J Winston Porter-Environmental Strategies
- I 94 East-West
Tony Barth, PE-WisDOT, Brad Heimlich, PE-CH2M Hill
- Renovation of the Memorial Union from the Earthwork Contractors Perspective
Rob Karsten, PE-Terra Engineering & Construction Corp., Jonathan Hoeltke, PE-Graef USA
- US 18/151 (Verona Road/Beltline) Corridor Reconstruction
Joe Bunker, PE-Strand Associates, Inc.
- Bubble Deck in the U.S.
Seth Pfeil, PE-Graef USA
- I 39 Corridor, Madison to Illinois State Line
Jim Oeth, PE-AECOM, John Steiner, PE-WisDOT
2012 Discovery Conference
Friday and Saturday, April 13-14, 2012
Crowne Plaza Hotel
2012 Discovery Conference Registration
2012 Discovery Conference Brochure
If you have questions, please contact us at email@example.com or call us at 414.531.1129.